Micro-Finance Loan Application
The DTSF Micro-Finance Program was established in 2017 to provide financial support for DTSF’s business members. The program offers loans ranging from $2,500 to $10,000.
Existing downtown businesses that have experienced one or more of the following conditions will be considered for loan funding:
- Experienced loss of revenue due to external circumstances that has negatively impacted business operations.
- Extended hours to 8:00 p.m. for at least five days per week, showing a three-month track record.
- Converted non-retail uses, such as office to retail.
- Expanded the business retail floor area.
The micro-finance loans are not available to off-sale alcohol beverage establishments, tobacco shops, payday loan businesses, pawn shops, or other businesses deemed to be predatory or detrimental to the community.
Application Requirements, Process, & Recommended Steps
1. Review the application to see is your business would qualify. Contact the DTSF office at 605-338-4009 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure.
2. Prepare your application. Please note that qualifying businesses can have only the equivalent of eight or fewer full time employees, or 16,640 total hours worked for the entire year prior.
3. Prepare a separate document that addresses the business considerations identified on the application. This must be completed before meeting with a SCORE counselor.
4. Schedule your initial meeting with SCORE, in which a customized consultation with various business resources may be outlined.
5. After you have concluded the recommended consultations, submit your completed application materials. Please include a revised document addressing the business considerations that you discussed with your SCORE counselor.
6. DTSF will schedule a review with the Business Development Committee for the third Monday of the month. Final approval will be granted by the DTSF Board of Directors, which meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month.