Date(s): Saturday, August 16, 2014
Time: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Location: Downtown Riverfront from 6th Street to South of 8th Street
Enjoy live music, art, kids' activities, food, beverage, retail vendors and more at this 2nd annual Sioux Falls festival that embraces the beauty of the Big Sioux.
View the event guide here.
Unique lighting design is a key element to the evening, as LED illumination will be prominent along the riverfront, and a fireworks display will close out the evening.
Great Western Bank Amphitheater Main Stage
The evening's talent line-up is once again also a celebration of talented local and regional musicians.
|4:30 - 5:30||Burlap Wolf King|
|6:00 - 7:15||Jami Lynn & Dylan James|
|7:45 - 9:00||Deeper Than Square|
|9:30 - 11:00||Main Avenue Warehouse|
|10:54 - 11:00||Fireworks presented by Xcel Energy|
Read more about the bands here.
Midcontinent Communications 2nd Stage
The Phase II portion of the riverfront revitalization project will feature a second location showcasing local acoustic musicians.
|4:00 - 6:45||Billy Lurken|
|7:00 - 9:30||Greyson Schulz|
Enjoy the following food vendors!
- Amaize'n Kettle Concessions: Kettle Corn, Lemonade & Coffee Beverages
- Cravin' Cajun: Boudin Balls & Cajun Potato
- HyVee: Hamburger, Brat, Steak Sandwich & Fruit Cups
- KD Vending: SDSU Ice Cream, Root Beer Floats, Shaved Ice, Smoothies, Cotton Candy & Malts
- Louisiana Gumbo To Go: Jumbalaya
- Snortz Barbeque: Babyback Ribs, Texas Tacos, Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Tacos El Toro: Tacos, Burritos, Mangos
- Weiner Wagon: Hot Dogs & Chips
Walk, run, bike, canoe or kayak to this event located on the city of Sioux Falls bike trail at the Downtown River Greenway!
Find a map of downtown city parking here. Other lots available for event parking include:
North Cherapa Place Parking Lot (No event parking on south Cherapa Place lot)
Kilian Community College Lot
Commerce Center Lot
8th & Railroad Center Lot
Lumber Exchange (CNA) Building Lot and Ramp
Art and Kids' Activities:
The Washington Pavilion will offer the following FREE kids' activities by the Raven riverfront until 8pm:
- Spiro-graph art
- Easel painting
- Beading fun
Sidewalk chalk will be available for all ages to show their creativity on the south end of the venue near the Midcontinent Stage and interactive water fountain.
Exposure Gallery & Studios is gathering artists to create a live mural painting by the 8th Street bridge. Come watch them work!
Visit the following artist booths in the prairie on the north side of Cherapa Place:
- Jenna Weir will demonstrate watercolor painting as well as a ceramics slip trailing on clay demo.
- Arne Bortnem of Hillhouse Originals will demonstrate hand wood carving.
Persons requiring special accommodation for participation in Downtown Riverfest should call 605-338-4009 during regular business hours at least 48 hours prior to the event. Special needs will be accommodated whenever reasonably possible.
2014 Downtown Riverfest Sponsors